Under the "Safety, Security and Environment" protocol set up by the Terminal des Flandres (Read Société > Politique) , safety instructions have to be observed when accessing the site and on the 49 hectares of facilities.
The company must supply equipment that complies with existing regulations which are adapted to the nature of operations and in good working condition. For chassis containers, these must be fitted at the four corners with the locks adapted to the corners, at ISO standards, for containers. The carrier must ensure that the equipment is capable of transporting the goods on the public highway. It is strictly forbidden to get out of the vehicle in the terminal, so the twist locks must be locked / unlocked outside the terminal.
Compulsory Instructions for Arrival at the Terminal
Before arrival at the Terminal
- GPMD / ISPS card: mandatory, individual and non-exchangeable OR Antenne document.
- Systematic PPE (personal protection equipment: safety shoes and fluorescent vest).
- Unlocking the twist locks before entering the terminal
At the GATE Terminal entrance
- Stop the vehicle at the stop sign to present the documents to terminal staff
- Observe the entry / exit directions of the site
- Follow the instructions given by the terminal staff (gate)
Driving Instructions on Site
- The speed is limited of 20 km / h. However you will drive at walking pace in low visibility areas.
- Drivers are prohibited from leaving the “H” traffic (delimitation of the ZAR), drivers leaving this zone are likely to receive a formal warning from the Terminal des Flandres.
- Drivers are not allowed to leave their vehicles (twist locks must be locked / unlocked outside the terminal before entering or after the exit from the gates)
- U-turns must be made in the speficied H zones
- Compliance with the highway code and priority given to handling equipment (including within the traffic "H" area)
- Outside the H area for trucks, driving is only permitted on the safety road
- Parking and driving under gantries is prohibited
- No pedestrians on the terminal
- The use of mobile phones is strictly forbidden when driving vehicles